5.15.2006

This is just one of my favorite things

PIONEERS
The Diary of Anais Nin
What I like best about myself ..is my audacity,
my courage. The ways I have found to be true to
myself without causing too much pain or damage..
What I hate so much is my vanity, my need to shine,
my need of applause and my sentimentality. I would
like to be harder. I cannot make a joke, make fun
of anyone, without feeling regrets.

The diary was once a disease. I do not take it up
now for the same reasons. Before it was because
I was lonely , or because I did not know how to
communicate with others. I needed the communion.
Now it is to write , not for solace but for the pleasure
of describing others, out of abundance.

I have not been unaware of the political drama
going on, but I have not taken any sides because
politics to me, all of them seem rotten to the core
and all based on economics , not humanitarianism.
The suffering of the word seemed to me without
remedy except by what we could give individually.
I did not trust any movement or system...

...nothing changes the nature of man. I know too
well that man can only change himself psychologically,
and that fear and greed make him inhuman, and it
is only a change of roles we attain with each revolution,
just a change of men in power, that is all, the evil remains.
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
Anais Nin
Volume Two
(1934-1939)
O erotismo é uma das bases do conhecimento de nós próprios,
tão indispensável como a poesia.
Anais Nin
IMAGES
ANAIS NIN
ANAIS NIN
Unidentified artists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home