6.21.2006

This is just one of my favorite things

GRATEFUL FOR THE STONES

Song about Song
So many stones have been thrown at me
That I don't fear them any longer
Like elegant tower the westerner stands free
Among tall towers, the taller.
I'm grateful to their builders -- so be gone
Their sadness and their worry, go away,
Early from here I can see the dawn
And here triumphant lives the sun's last ray.
And frequently into my room's window
The winds from northern seas begin to blow
And pigeon from my palms eats wheat..
The pages that I did not complete
Divinely light she is and calm,
Will finish
Muse's suntanned arm.
Anna Akhmatova


Para poder morrer
Guardo insultos e agulhas
Entre as sedas do luto.
Para poder morrer
Desarmo as armadilhas
Me estendo entre as paredes
Derruídas
Para poder morrer
Visto as cambraias
E apascento os olhos
Para novas vidas
Para poder morrer apetecida
Me cubro de promessas
Da memória.
Porque assim é preciso
Para que tu vivas.
HILDA HILST

IMAGES
FLIP DIAZ
...
JERRY UELSMANN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home